Saturday, March 10, 2012

Be careful if that friendly motorist motions you to go!

That friendly motorist motioning you to go could be the motorist who deliberately runs into you and causes an accident! By taking that friendly motorist's offer of letting you go so that you can be somewhere on time, you are setting yourself up to be a victim of staged auto accident fraud.

I have recently wrote a blog entry on the subject of staged auto accident fraud over at my other blog, The Edward Ringwald Blog. With staged auto accident fraud in the news and the fact that the Tampa/St. Petersburg area is Florida's staged auto accident capital, I have seen many instances where I myself have been motioned to go by another motorist even though I did not have the right of way. God knows who that motorist could be - either just being friendly or friendly in disguise as in setting you up for an accident.

I thought I would like to share this with our Interstate 275 Florida Blog readers, particularly in the light of recent legislation passed by the Florida Legislature on Personal Injury Protection (PIP) reform. After all, the State of Florida requires you and I as motor vehicle owners to carry the mandatory $10,000 PIP insurance; unfortunately, PIP as we know it is ripe with fraud as PIP is easy access to money without the need for costly litigation in the courts. Among the reforms that were recently passed is that insurance companies have the right to examine a policyholder under oath if fraud is suspected.

So what are you waiting for? For the full story, simply click on this link. Enjoy!